Lots on my mind; time to get it out...

This is a small piece of myself that I'm now willing to share. Handle with care; contents will break under pressure.

16 March 2011

33. Mishaps in Hairland...

So in the last few weeks I purchased three products that have given me less than stellar results.
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream Conditioner
Yes to Carrots
Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner

This is how it went down:
I was in CVS one afternoon with a friend and I had been considering trying the Strawberries & Cream Conditioner for weeks so I bought it (at 77 cents it was a steal).  So I bought it.  I went grocery shopping later that afternoon and purchased some full fat Organic Plain Yogurt.  
I bought the Yes to Carrots Travel Size Bottle the same day when trying to get my Target Fix (I swear it's an addiction). 
I wanted to do a yogurt deep conditioner and remembered reading someone had done one with VO5 S&C.  I mixed two heaping spoon fulls with about an equal amount of the conditioner and a cap full of olive oil.
I got in the shower, washed my hair with VO5 clarifying shampoo and proceeded to add the DC.  It was pretty much impossible to comb through.  I put some of the Tressemme Naturals on top for extra slip.  I separated into 4 sections, braided it and put on a shower cap.  Finished my shower and waited about another hour.  I rinsed out the mixture and added the Yes to Carrots and olive oil to seal.
The next day... blech.  My hair was dry.  It felt filmy and gross.  I decided it was the Strawberries and Cream.  My hunch was later affirmed when I tried the yogurt treatment again with the Tressemme Naturals, olive oil and a little less yogurt - which yielded much better results.
I also tried the Yes to Carrots again.  It was cool - nothing amazing.  It wasn't really very moisturizing; since then, I only used it when I ran out of Yes to Cucumbers.

I'm gonna be late for class....
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment