Lots on my mind; time to get it out...

This is a small piece of myself that I'm now willing to share. Handle with care; contents will break under pressure.

25 August 2010

16. And another thing...

So I'm totally down with Obama and all, but I've also decided to stop relying on hope.  Sure it's optimistic and open minded, but it too just leads to disappointment.  Hope is like knowing the likelihood of something going wrong, and then telling yourself, "But just maybe..."  It's one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time, but the end result may leave less than desirable results. 

Hope is also the thing that leads you to think, "one day it could happen to me..."  That's what I used to think about love, and you know what happened?


DING! DING! DING! - Still single
And no I'm not against hope all in all - some situations call for it.  But in the case where it leaves you clinging to what was and what could be again or having a fantasy come true it kinda seems like not such a good idea.  So please excuse my cynicism - it's just that in a reality that keeps knocking you down, wouldn't it be better to push back rather than hoping you don't get pushed again?

No comments:

Post a Comment